Leadership Development Institute
NSAMRT will be funding an individual to attend the CAMRT Leadership Development Institute in Ottawa on June 7-9, 2019. NSAMRT encourages individuals to apply for this opportunity both through CAMRT and NSAMRT as CAMRT also funds selected MRTs to attend using very similar application criteria.
This 3-day event is designed to engage CAMRT members who have demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to the advancement of the medical imaging or radiation therapy professions. The program’s objective is to develop a new, vibrant and motivated volunteer base to draw on for future leadership needs, and at the same time, to provide young leaders with enhanced skills that will further their professional progress. NSAMRT will select one candidate from this call for applications. NSAMRT will cover all travel and accommodation expenses. There is no registration fee to attend the CAMRT Leadership Development Institute.
Participants in the program will:
- learn effective leadership and communication skills,
- learn about their own personal strengths and challenges as leaders and how to adapt their style to work effectively in different group or committee settings,
- learn how to effectively facilitate different types of meetings,
- gain an understanding of leadership within the MRT profession, and
- experience national networking opportunities with their peers.
Criteria for Application
At the time of submission, applicants should:
- Be a full-practice member of the NSAMRT for at least the past two consecutive years.
- Have been employed in an MRT-related profession for a minimum of two years. Preference will be given to those practicing less than 10 years but those with more than 10 years experience will be considered.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and, personal and professional development
- Provide evidence of leadership ability (professional advancement, leadership in the workplace, volunteer achievements, awards, etc.), and
- MUST be willing to volunteer within the NSAMRT within a year of completing the program for a 2-year term.
Interested members who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to complete and submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm on February 28, 2019. Successful applicants will be selected by the NSAMRT board.